Saturday, October 22, 2011

Christa, Day 67: Now That's the Kind of Simple You Can Put in the Bank

Simplify your financial life. Article from a financial planning expert here.
Hmm, looks like we don't have a problem here.

Except, I suppose, for the reality of multiple accounts. When the husband and I married, the bank for some reason would not let us consolidate our accounts, so we have two savings accounts in addition to our one checking account. Which is fine, because being able to do small auto transfers to two accounts has actually let us cut down on fees.

Then we have a higher-yield savings account where we keep our actually savings. A small account with an investment firm. (Very small, but educational.)

And then there are the accounts that are in the husband's name but managed by his family - an IRA, I think. Maybe others. He's not entirely clear on it, which I think is slightly odd since if I had an account in my name I'd want to know exactly what it was so I was aware of it. Especially an IRA, since why not add to that?

Anyway, I just took steps to find out exactly what is going on in that arena so he and I have that information. At which point we can FINALLY make a will. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.