Saturday, September 3, 2011

Christa, Day 20: This Is What Spending Time With the People I Love Looks Like

Day 20's voluntary simplicity idea is to spend time with the people you love. Check and check. While I did work a bit today and Tedd did go shopping all by his lonesome, most of the day was spent as a family. We walked, went to a sort of gallery opening in town, chased down a sunset (well, tried anyway), and played around quite a bit with toys. As you can plainly see.


quality time with family


All I can say is this if this is what quality time looks like, maybe it's a good thing I have a job, yikes! Kidding, kidding... this is a five minute toy pick up and laundry distribution project you're looking at. Thank goodness for toy storage and organized linens.

3 comments:

  1. I love when I get to hang out with A and my husband. I'm glad to know there are others out there who appreciate family moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kid has way cooler toys than my kid! We mainly play with, you know, yogurt cups and cardboard tubes.

    It's actually kind of soothing to know that things are sometimes on the floor in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Natalie :) With the exception of going out maybe once a month and a bizarrely packed September, that's usually all we do when I don't have to work on weekends!

    @Julia If we'd had to buy any of the toys you see in the picture, we'd be yogurt cupping it up like gangstas. And heh, almost all my pictures come from lunchtime or when we've just gotten home. Not in the middle of chaotic funtime! Because I'm afraid for anyone to see my house more like this because maybe they will think I'm a layabout. It's my ridiculous affliction.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.