Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Christa, Day 24: My Big Failure Day!

Oh, I failed today.

I failed big time. I was not present. While driving, I daydreamed so hard at one point that I couldn't believe I'd reached my freeway exit. I couldn't even concentrate on avoiding work at work. To the point where I got bored so I just banged out a bunch of work!

I tried reading blogger Nneka's advice, but then got distracted. All day long I'd jump from task to task because I couldn't focus on the here and now, and I even went so far as to cry over things in the past and things in the present that I have no control over at this precise moment in time. Oops.

So what DIDN'T I do today?
Be present. These two words can make a huge difference in simplifying your life. Living here and now, in the moment, keeps you aware of life, of what is going on around you and within you. It does wonders for your sanity. Read tips on how to do it.
Wonders for my sanity, eh?

Admittedly, I didn't exactly try very hard to focus today - mostly because I got so caught up in all of the distractions that I didn't have a free moment to read today's simplifying tip. Oops, again. By the time I did, I was so darn tired that all I wanted to do was sit and watch a little television - which I actually didn't get to do. And now I'm yawning as I write this because I'm more tired than I realized.

Here's hoping that tomorrow I can breathe my way into the moment and focus so I can "systemize" my life. Whatever that means!

3 comments:

  1. I think part of being present is realizing when it's just not your day. And to forgive yourself when that happens and to be present when you are ready/able to be. (OK, so I just made that up, but it works for me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you sit down to write one of these posts you are being present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of it that way... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.