Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christa, Day 39: I (Mostly) Got This One

Today's voluntary simplicity idea needs no introduction:
Exercise. This goes along the same lines as eating healthy, as it simplifies your life in the long run, but it goes even further: exercise helps burn off stress and makes you feel better. It’s great. Here’s how to create the exercise habit.
Why? Because I've got this one nailed. Or just about nailed. Could I exercise more? Sure, I am blown away by some of my marathon running relatives and this chick makes me feel like a lump. She's still running, biking, and doing workout videos while pregnant. Me? I ride my stationary bike once a day for about 45 minutes to an hour, do some light lifting every few days, and do sit-ups when the mood strikes. Frankly, if I really applied myself to exercise, I could probably be quite slim.

But, meh. My blood profile is awesome, I have energy, I'm generally not suicidal, and I can shop in the upper range of the juniors section of most stores.

Really now, I'm a married woman and I'm 31 years old and I'm probably never going to be on TV, so how much time do I need to devote to fitness, anyway? (Though I still maintain that the only reason I would want to be a famous actress is because exercise would be a part of my job. I may do the bare minimum at the mo', but that's a time thing. When I had more free time, I exercised more. What's not to love about exercise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.