Saturday, September 3, 2011

Natalie: Spending time with Loved Ones (20:72)

Spend time with people you love. Again, the list of 4-5 important things probably contains some of the people you love (if not, you may want to re-evaluate). Whether those people are a spouse, a partner, children, parents, other family, best friends, or whoever, find time to do things with them, talk to them, be intimate with them (not necessarily in sexual ways)

This one is easy as its very important to me to spend time with family and friends. Its ironic that today's task fell on the weekend. My husband and I always try to spend at least one day of the weekend doing some kind of family activity. Today's was spent at a Schooner Festival checking out boats and exploring sea life touch tanks. We even had lunch out at a restaurant where our son slept for half of it and then awake the other half being mostly and pleasantly entertaining. This weekend I am having two nights out with girlfriends! While I do make times for friends its kind of unusual for me to get two girl's nights in the same week! It's definitely difficult to find the time to spend with friends with everyone's schedules being as hectic as they are. In my past, I used to be really good at isolating myself but in recent years, I have made friendships and nurturing friendships more of a priority. For my little nuclear family, its a no-brainer about quality family time. We spend a lot of time doing things together especially since I really didn't have that as a kid so its important that my husband and I always make a priority of having quality time with our son.

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at making time to spend with friends - mainly it's other people reaching out to me to spend time, and for their attention I am eternally grateful. Were it not for people asking us for a playdate or asking me to hang out or basically threatening me into nighttime activities, I would be at home, all the time. Luckily, I married another homebody so he's always here to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy hanging at home with my hubby but there was a point in our relationship history where we relied too heavily on one another and it just wasn't healthy. We have worked to find balance but we make more of an effort to go out separately with friends.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.