Thursday, September 29, 2011

Christa, Day 46: Adonis DNA

Here's a list of some of my current goals: Convince my boss to let me work from home. Coordinate the conception and live birth of a second child. Find more freelance clients via my website. Uh, actually finish my website. Paint and number my first-to-second floor stairs. Toilet train my toddler. Various around the house projects. Make a tutu for the P. Make a t-shirt dress for the P. And so on.

None of which is in line with today's voluntary simplicity idea:
Simplify your goals. Instead of having half a dozen goals or more, simplify it to one goal. Not only will this make you less stressed, it will make you more successful. You’ll be able to focus on that One Goal, and give it all of your energy. That gives you much better chances for success.
One goal... one. This is a toughie. Does Leo mean choose only one? In that case, I'd say it would be a toss up between more clients and toilet training. Or does he mean use the AMAZING POWER OF SIMPLICITY to boil it all down into one fully compressed mega goal that is the amalgamation of all other goals? Because I can do that. As suggested in today's idea, here is my one goal:

EPIC WINNING.

And I get to define what that means. There you go. Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.