Thursday, September 15, 2011

Natalie: E-mail (30 of 72)

Keep your email inbox empty. Is your email inbox overflowing with new and read messages? Do the messages just keep piling up? If so, you’re normal — but you could be more efficient and your email life could be simplified with a few simple steps.

I am not the type of person who gets a ridiculous amount of e-mail and I am pretty good about deleting the junk right away and making electronic files for e-mails that I need to refer to in the future particularly at work. I think the one problem I have is having multiple e-mail accounts. I have a yahoo, a g-mail, one for work, and one for the college and I guess you could call Facebook messages an inbox too. It's kind of annoying to check them all the time but not too overly time consuming. I like connecting/communicating with people via e-mail. I enjoy writing. I guess sometimes I can be too wordy but I just find it difficult to make phone calls nowadays. I guess it just seems difficult to find the time to have a faceless conversation with someone. I'd much rather have a face to face conversation and connect quickly via e-mail and social media on updates and making plans. I think it would be helpful to designate a time for myself to check my e-mails like twice a day at least when I'm at home. I have been trying to make an effort recently to just check during A's nap time and then in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.