Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Christa, Day 30: Well That Was Easy

I don't have much to say about today's voluntary simplicity idea:
Keep your email inbox empty. Is your email inbox overflowing with new and read messages? Do the messages just keep piling up? If so, you’re normal — but you could be more efficient and your email life could be simplified with a few simple steps. Read more.
Back in my college days I did have an email inbox that was out of control, but nowadays my email is inexorably linked to my work and so cannot explode into chaos because that would mean I was royally screwed. Email comes in, email goes out. Gmail is my friend. If it's professional and needs doing, it gets labeled TO DO and archived until I do it. If it's something that needs remembering, it gets a star. Everything else is filed or deleted. As labels become unnecessary - for example, labels associated with projects that are completed or clients from times past - I delete the label and all of the emails bearing said label. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.