Friday, August 26, 2011

10-13 sound good but I have a psychological need to sell rather than give

I skipped step 9 because I was busy getting home from Finland.

10 = get rid of big items

My biggest stuff would be some art I bought. Since it’s worth several thousand dollars, I prefer to sell it rather than get rid of it the simple way.

11 = edit your rooms

I have lots of stuff I want to eliminate. I’d love to get all my DVDs and CDs and books on USBs for example. That’s going to take some time though. I could get rid of some papers right now but I prefer to go through them first so that also takes time.

12 & 13 = closets

Last night I got home after traveling for a few weeks and smelled mold. So here I am pulling a moldy $500 Armani cardigan out of my closet and taking it to the cleaners thinking, “Why did I even buy a $500 Armani cardigan? I don’t need it and it’s making my life more complicated.” But I’m too cheap to just give it away, aren’t I?

1 comment:

  1. A few months back, we sold a whole bunch of stuff, and boy was it a slow, pain-in-the-rear process. That's why I'm a compulsive donation scheduler. When it comes to my designer purses, those I sold because it was worth the time I put into it. But for DVDs and books, etc., if I worked out an hourly rate for it, not so good. There used to be places around here that would buy CDs and so on in bulk, but not so much any more so it was selling one at a time. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.