Thursday, August 18, 2011

What am I in the mood for?

Here's another simplification step I find troublesome: "If you simply try to knock off all the tasks on your to-do list, you’ll never get everything done, and worse yet, you’ll never get the important stuff done. Focus on the essential tasks and eliminate the rest."

I have one essential task - go to school three days a week. Sometimes I submit an abstract to a conference, it gets accepted, and then I have a deadline by which I need to finish my paper. Still not a ton of essential tasks.

If I only did the essential stuff, I'd never get anything done. So I like my to-do list and I like checking stuff off my list. I will say that I never try to do everything on the list. Usually I just do a few that I'm in the mood for that day.

1 comment:

  1. That's my strategy, too. I love my to-do list, which is why I am not trying to edit it for this day's idea. I just wanted to focus it more.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.