Sunday, August 28, 2011

Natalie: Day 13 -15

I would like to preface this post by saying that I have been drinking wine for a few hours. I am not responsible for grammatical errors as well as blatant ridiculousness.

So I just want to let you all know that I am on the coast of Maine at a house that is on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The waves are crashing against the dock. The sound...the fury is majestic. I am in awe of nature. If nature fucks us up well we deserve it because nature trumps humanity.

The sound of the waves against the rocks below the house (we are about 30 ft above the rocks) is glorious. It makes me realize how simple we really are and that nothing really matters when it comes to the wrath of nature.

My mother went to stay with my aunt and uncle because she was too close to the wrath of Hurricane Irene and she actually contemplated staying at her apartment because she was afraid that looters would break into her apartment. Really? My response was "mom your life is more important than any single thing any person would want to steal from your apartment."

I am MILES north from my condo but I am so pleased that I get to witness the majesty of nature in this beautiful house on the coast of Maine. I love being able to detach from my everyday life. I know that I get too attached to my stuff, to my life and that being surrounded by the ocean, the sounds of the surf bashing (not an understatement) against the rocks beneath this house is soothing.

Okay enough waxing poetic...

Days 13-15:

Day 13 is about my closets. Again I actually started cleaning out my closets...all of them except the coat closet in the living room. My walk-in I have discussed. That will be a work in progress over the next couple of weeks. We are going to build an attic into the space within our roof and the pull down door is going to go in our closet so I HAVE to clean it out. I did start it and I'm pretty confident that I am going to get that done. My hesitancy comes from and this might sound silly - my weight. I have clothes that I love but I would have to lose like a LOT of weight to actually wear any of them BUT then again my body (post pregnancy) is not in any place or will be any place near to wear any of those clothes. Breast feeding a baby and wearing a halter top do not mix. I know I have to resolve the emotional connection I have to my clothes. Thank god I am in therapy so I can continue to work on that.

Day 14-15: is essentially about being a digital pack rat. I have said in previous posts that I am not very techie so this is not a significant issue for me. Aside from the 9,000+ e-mails I have in my yahoo account that date back to 2000. I am not much of a digital person. I don't download music, I don't read many blogs, I don't really spend that much time on online. Honestly posting on this blog is the most time I have EVER spent online.

Okay audience, I am on VACATION. I am going to pour myself another glass of wine because my kid is ASLEEP and I want to finish watching the VMA awards because lately I have been enjoying pop music more than EVER.

2 comments:

  1. I look at the weight and clothes issue this way: There will always be more clothes in stores, so it makes sense to have a wardrobe made up of what flatters you NOW so you look and feel your best. If your weight changes, then ditch the clothes that don't fit and wear what flatters. Plans to change one's weight are all well and good, but there's no reason to torture yourself with a closet full of clothes that don't fit (even if you'd like them to fit again someday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. To what Christa said, I would add that if there's something too big for you that you really love, it is SO worth the money to have it altered to currently fit you! Alterations are the best.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, questions, and gentle criticism. I only ask that you're kind and respectful in your comments.